About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Life Lesson: The Non-Negotiables

I used to think people needed to fulfill a long list of requirements to be a part of my life. This has changed.  My standards have not lowered, but I have narrowed it down to what I feel is truly important.  Ready for this? You have to be a good person and be passionate about something.  That's it, folks. 

Seems broad, huh?  Well it is, but people are too complex to be shoved into a smaller box.  There are too many amazing people in this world who may not match up to all the criteria of a longer list.  I believe everyone in your life has something to teach you and something to share with you.  If you only allow people who fit into your perfect mold into your life then you are actually the one missing out.  You are missing out on incredible people and incredible experinces.

I am still very careful with who I let into my confidence and allow to see the real me, but at the core you have to be a good person and be passionate about something to be considered to get to that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment