About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Beginnings

Ok folks, let's get a little better acquainted.  You may be looking over my previous blog posts and thinking "what is this?" Well, let me explain.  I originally created this blog for my social media class at Ohio Northern University during my final quarter in school.  I stopped blogging as soon as the class was over, but realized today at lunch with my new friend Laura that blogging needs to come back into my life. Why, you may ask? We will get to that in a second.

You now might be thinking, "okay, then why leave the old posts up, why not delete them and start over?" Valid question, grasshopper.  There is also a valid answer. I think they set the perfect stage for what this blog is all about, my journey into big girl life.  There are over 30 posts about academic subjects that were written as I was closing one chapter of my life and preparing to start a new one. It all flows together and shows the transition that my life has made.

Now, why blogging?  Well, again, valid question.  I think it is important to take time to reflect on your life and not simply go through the motions.  I think about all the different experiences I have had and new opportunities that have come my way since I moved and set out on my own and I do not want to simply let them rest without fully appreciating them for what they were.  I have learned so much already in 6 months and I think in order to hold onto this knowledge and continue to grow I need to share it and really make myself think.  It is so easy to just float along through life, but I am not a floater.  I am a thinker and a doer. So, this blog is more for me than anyone else, but if it helps you along the way, makes you laugh, cry or feel any sort of emotion, then it will make it 100 times more worth it for me to write it.  So, here we go!  Please let me know what you think.  Give me feedback and share your life lessons too!

No comments:

Post a Comment