About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Life Lesson: Sometimes You Just Need to Sit Down

My MO is go, go go. This is the way it has always been.  I was that girl in college who would take too many classes, get too little sleep, be in too many organizations and then still sign up for more.  This part of me made the move to Louisville, too.  I took on the motto of never saying no. If someone asked me to do something I did it.  I saw it as a way to try new things and make new friends.  Now, here I am 7 months later having tried a lot and with a lot of friends and I really just need to sit down for a hot sec. 

In the past month I have literally had one evening at home where I sat and did nothing.  I by no means want to be a couch potato, but I have grown to understand the importance of taking time to breathe and just be.  The simple pleasure of sitting in cozy clothes and watching a movie is one not to be taken for granted. 

I don't make new years resolutions because I think you should do something when you want to do it, not just because it is a new year, but to each his own.  In any case, I am deciding now, and coincidentally it is the beginning of the year, that I will take more time to just be. To sit still, sit back and look at the life that I am leading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment