About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Twitter Mania

In the wake of the announcement that Osama Bin Ladin was dead twitter and facebook exploded!  I was not at home when the news broke but my roommate texted me to give me a heads up.  Can I say now how glad I am that I have a smart phone?  I immediately turned on the CNN app as well as my mobile twitter app.  Twitter was having at least 20 new posts every 10 seconds it seemed.  I was getting all the latest information, including a tracking of how long it would be until the President spoke.  Facebook was just as lively.  People first were simply declaring the information, then came the jokes and the puns.  It was an entertaining as well as a history making night for social media.  So, how did you hear the news?  Were you watching your TV at home when the news casters broke into regular programming, or were you on twitter or facebook?  There is no denying that social media has completely changed the way we view our world and the way we relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment