About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mixing the old and the new

This past Friday night my parents hosted a large party at my house in Findlay for friends and family.  It was a just because type of party.  My parents had asked if the Northernaires, the eight voice vocal jazz group I am a member of on campus, would be willing to perform.  I jumped at the opportunity to sing in front of all these people in my hometown who had watched me perform all through middle school and high school.  It was such a blast! There were about 125 people crammed into my house....a little chaotic I might say.  I feel the best part of the evening for me was mixing my ONU life with my hometown life.  My roommate, several of my other friends and two guys I had gone to high school with and now they go to ONU were in attendance.  It was so neat to see these people that were a major part of my younger life interacting with the people that are currently a major part of my life.  I also enjoyed showing off my hometown folks and family to my ONU friends.  I had a great time and wish my parents would throw a big party like that more often!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time. I always dread those moments where you have to mix one type of friends with another. Definitely wouldn't have jumped at it like you did!

    ReplyDelete