About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Best of the Best

While looking on the Internet for interesting social media stories, I came across this list on the Forbes Magazine Website. What did this list teach me? I need to be more up-to-date on my social media happenings. I recognize only about half of these campaigns. I do not know whether I should be proud of this, that I have not been eating up time on the Internet, or ashamed that I am not up on the trends. But as I think more about it, I realize that every single day a new social media campaign is launched on the Internet, and there is no way to keep up with the pace that they are being launched. I do think this class is making me more aware of the social media world, an important tool as I head into the business world.

The one thing that I find very interesting about this list is "The Blair Witch Project." I never thought of that as a social media campaign. For a film that was released in the late 1990s it was way ahead of its time. If you want to know how this film was really a social media phenomenon, click here.


Forbes list of the 20 best-ever social media campaigns:
“The Blair Witch Project”
Blendtec: ill It Blend?
Old Spice: “Smell Like a Man, Man.”
Burger King: “Subservient Chicken”
Pepsi Refresh
VW: “Fun Theory”
OfficeMax: “Elf Yourself”
Evian: “Roller Babies
Ikea: “Facebook Showroom”
Hotmail
Whopper Sacrifice
Target: “Bullseye Gives”
Vitaminwater
Smirnoff: “Tea Par-tay”
The Dark Knight: Why So Serious?
Quicksilver: “Dynamic Surfing”
Cadbury: Gorilla
BMW: “1 Series Graffit Contest”
Bing/Farmville
CareerBuilder: Monk-e-Mail

    1 comment:

    1. I do not know how I missed the "Roller Babies"commercials. How adorable! I think these advertisements are creative and align perfectly with their "Live Young" slogan. This is a great list of social media successes; thanks for sharing Liz!

      ReplyDelete