About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Royal Wedding Overload? No Such Thing!

Every entertainment television show, every morning news show, every news network, every talk show and every single show in between has the Royal Wedding fever.  As the nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton are fast approaching, it seems as though the world is coming together to speculate and watch.  Everything from what Kate will be wearing to how the Prince and new Princess will travel from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace is being analyzed by news corespondents. And every possible trinket imaginable is available to be purchased as a memento, including Kate and William condoms, tea sets and clocks.  Some people may say that this is overkill, but not me.  I think if the world is able to come together and celebrate something as beautiful as a wedding for a young man who has lived a somewhat sad life, then let all the hoopla come along too.  With all the negative and sad things happening in the world today, if our attention is focused on something as surface level as the designer of a wedding gown, then I say more power to the news editor who is putting that story on the air.  I know that I will be up at 5 am on Friday morning anxiously awaiting the results of all of these speculations.  Friday, April 29 will be a day that the world remembers, just like the day Prince Charles and Diana got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment