About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why I Love the Freed Center

As indicated by my last post, I am mildly excited for the royal wedding happening on Friday.  I have been looking forward to this for months now!  I hear my mom talk about how she got up early to watch Princess Diana get married, and I want to have a memory like that of my own.  So, here is the plan.  I am going to get up at 5 a.m. on Friday morning and make some waffles with chocolate chips for my roommate and I.  They will look similar to a famous British desert, but will hopefully taste better.  We are going to sip tea while wearing borrowed hats from the Freed Center.  I walked into the costume shop and asked Cathy if I could borrow a fancy hat and she pointed me in the right direction.  Without the Freed Center's help my royal wedding viewing would not be complete.  You cannot watch a royal wedding with a bare head.  There must be a hat on it.  I am so excited for the whole event.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile! I got up to watch the royal wedding, as well, but not quite as early as you did. I was in time for the carriage ride and the "kiss," which was quite endearing. I'm very jealous of your hat - the Freed Center probably has some great hats and headpieces from all of the productions they've done. Why didn't you post a picture??? I would love to see what your hat looked like!

    ReplyDelete