About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Facebook for the Non-Humans

This week I have noticed the number of "friends" that I have on Facebook that are not people.  Seems strange, right? Actually, it is one of the funniest things that keeps me really entertained on the social media site.  First of all, my friend Mike created a profile for his dog.  His name is Skip and he is probably the meanest dog in the world.  He has become a icon among Mike's friends with picture messages being sent back and forth on a daily basis.  So the next natural step was to create a Facebook page where people could communicate directly with Skip.  On his page, Skip talks about other attractive dogs and his latest escapades.  Obviously, it is Mike who us updating this information, but it is just so funny to get a post on your homepage that says "Skip updated his favorite quotes and about me."
In addition to Skip,  I have another friend who created a page for a fruit.  It is called Rasp Berry.  Rasp Berry is not as popular as skip, but he discusses concepts like his favorite fruits and the weather.  Skip and Rasp Berry are two of my favorite non-human  Facebook profiles.  I guess when you think about it, it is a little scary that anyone could create a profile claiming to be something they are not, but when it comes to dogs and fruit, it provides entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. When I read the title of your blog post I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. My sister's boss has a Facebook page for both of his dogs called "Bella N' Corly" and because she's friended them, I get to see the constant status updates, picture updates and various comments the "dogs" will leave on my sister's Facebook as well. I used to think it was ridiculous but it's actually, like you said, extremely entertaining. And now my sister's fiance created one for their cat and I have to say I jumped on board with being Oscar's friend. Not only that, but my profile definitely has a cat listed as my nephew. Maybe that's a little too far but it makes me laugh anyway.

    ReplyDelete