About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Podcast me!

In class last Monday we discussed podcasts.  After the discussion and reading on podcasts, I became quite intrigued and wanted to see what was going on in cyber space in the world of podcasting. My first stop, iTunes.  I had no idea the huge number of podcasts available for download, and on every topic imaginable.  The ones that caught my eye included podcasts on podcasting, in-depth interviews, music lessons and museum tours. As Scott discusses in The New Rules of Marketing and PR, podcasts are really becoming more and more popular as more and more people are wanting to listen to audio content then watch a video.  There is a podcast for anything you might want to know about it seems.  
Now, I want to weigh in on the debate over if podcasts will take over radio.  I think yes.  As technology gets more advanced, there will be ways to listen to podcasts through the radio in your car, I believe.  That to me is the only thing blocking podcasts from outdoing radio. Podcasts are cheaper to make, more specialized and farther reaching. In addition, my least favorite part of radio are those annoying advertisements, something that is not an issue with podcasts.  I will be very interested to see how long it takes for radio to take a back seat to podcasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment