About Me

My photo
A recent graduate of Ohio Northern University, I picked up my entire life 3 weeks after graduation and moved to Louisville, Kentucky to begin my professional career and new life.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Visual CV and this week's reading

Here is the link to my visual cv. I have to say, creating this was much more fun then I thought it would be.

During class on Monday, we were assigned to groups to look at different sections in Engaged.  My group was assigned to part 6.  I was excited about this, because I think that part has some really useful information and some fun facts, as well.  What fun facts you ask?  Well, did you know that Whole Foods has over 50 different twitter accounts?  Each section of their store has it's own account.  For example, cheese from Whole Foods a twitter account.  What an awesome marketing strategy!
Another part of section six that was interesting to me was the section on hashtags.  As a new twitter user, this information was helpful to me.  I have not completely grasped the concepts of hashtags and when to use them, but this section in the book certainly helped.
One of the most important things this section talks about is the movement from CRM (customer relationship management), to SCRM (social customer relationship management).  As companies become more and more accessible, it is more important for these mew types of relationships to be managed properly.  Instead of just managing relationships, now companies have the ability to listen to and engage their customers.  This is something that can be very helpful to a growing company if it is done correctly. This section of the book was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment